- Database information (RESETLOGS SCN and their time stamp)
- Archive log history
- Tablespace and datafile records (filenames, datafile checkpoints, read/write status, offline or not).
- Redo threads (current online redo log)
- Database's creation date
- database name
- current archive log mode
- Log records (sequence numbers, SCN range in each log)
- RMAN catalog
- Database block corruption information
- Database ID, which is unique to each DB.
Size of control files :
The size of the control files is governed by the following parameters
SQL> alter database backup controlfile to trace as 'C:\CREATE_CONTROL.sql' ;